16 August 2016

Classroom Decor

As the new school year gets ready to start, I've been working on cleaning up my classroom and reorganizing a few things. This summer I decided I needed to fix my pennants. As I was getting more (which I got two more this summer - University of Oregon and College of Idaho!) I realized I wasn't utilizing my wall space well enough. So I lined them up a little better and attached them to the wall that students would see immediately when they walked in. Having a lot of Seniors this year, I really wanted to highlight the college mentality. And I love that I am representing different colleges than what they may be familiar with.


When I first started at my current school (2011), I had created THINK posters. I really liked this saying and I wanted to remind my students to always think. This year I saw on Pinterest an addition with Social Media. I'm constantly reminding my students about this, so I decided to add this to my wall too.
Just need to make the SM signs!:
Found on Pintrest
So here is how it now looks in my room:
Social Media THINK board!:

Here is Social Media Images File if anyone would like to have them. I'm sure I will need to change them out in the future, but for now this seemed like a good collection of frequently used media.

The last set of pictures below are just additional signs I have in my room. As a math teacher, I remind students often about the "how" and "why" explanation to problems, not just "what did you get".  And the most common question - "when will I need this?" I saw this answer in a summer school classroom a few years ago. It summed up perfectly how I felt so I recreated it (file here). I don't think I've been asked the question since I put it up last year, but a new set of students will be walking in tomorrow morning, so we will see!

 

I'm still working on reorganizing some other things. As the year gets ready to start, I realize I've spent a lot of time making sure everyone else is ready and set, but I sort of forgot about myself...oh well! I'll figure it out as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment