17 August 2016

Amazing Department!

I have an AMAZING department! We added 3 teachers to our department this year, and 3.5 last year. Our growth in the number of students and section numbers has been great.

Going into my 11th year of teaching, I actually have the second most teaching experience in our department. My team is young! It's scary (because I'm not anymore) and exciting, and not common. But that youth brings so many ideas and willingness and hard workers. And I love them - they are my family!

With that background, I also remember what it was like being new to the profession/site: nervous and poor! The past two years I've given small gifts to each teacher in the department as a welcome back. It's included just a few commonly needed things - a pencil holder, pens, pencils, markers, post-its. This year, I decided to do something a little different as I know sometimes you just need a little extra to make it through the day. So I got a little bin and just filled it with various candies, and then a few pencils, sharpies, and post-it. I made a cute label to go on the top of each and then created a saying to go with each item. It's a small thing I can do to welcome them back, thank them, and wish them an awesome year! (and now that the year has started and I gave these out to my team, I can finally post this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment