10 November 2014

Foundation Gala

Saturday night was our school Foundation Fundraising Gala.  Our Foundation does so much to support our athletics, arts, and other campus programs, and this Gala is a huge source of that monetary support.  This was my second year attending.  The evening starts with a Silent Auction, then dinner, Live Auction, and Fund-a-Program Paddle Raise.  This year they had a photo booth, so groups were busy taking funny pictures! My husband and I wondered the silent auction for an hour and placed a few bids here and there.  We actually donated several of our photography prints and framed them neatly, so really we kept walking around having a competition on who could get the highest bid (he won with his picture of the Chicago River that got $65; my photo of the beloved Mr. Padre Statue got $45). We were seated at a table with two of my favorite colleagues too!! 

Overall, the evening was nice and helped to raise a lot of money (although I think more was raised last year). It's nice to get dressed up and out there, and shopping for a new dress the night before isn't too bad either!

My hunie and I

Mathies in attendance being goofy!

No comments:

Post a Comment