31 March 2019

Spring Break 2019

Bitmoji ImageI'm currently finishing up Spring Break. I'd say it's been pretty productive, though I wish I'd gotten more [work] done.

The time off started with finally repainting a wall in the house. I'm not sure why we picked this color out over 10 years ago (it's also in the kitchen) but we decided back at Thanksgiving we needed to lighten up the room. Back at Christmas we decided on a color and purchased everything. I guess the motivation to actually do it took some time. But below are the before and after. Now I realize even more how much I hate the fireplace and I'm ready to redo that. As well as the baseboard and flooring, but I know once I open up that can, I'll be ripping out the entire downstairs flooring. So, I'll wait.



After the weekend of painting, I spent a day reorganizing the garage. It'd be nice if I could say it was Spring Cleaning, but we didn't get rid of anything. My husband has been doing some woodwork and got a table saw and bench, so I wanted to make sure there was the room for that to be set up correctly. He now has an entire side to work from.

Tuesday I took my daughter to Sea World. It wasn't too crowded so it was really nice. We were able to walk around and not have to wait too long to see stuff. It was great just being able to spend that time with her. 

She doesn't like change so I kept her in school this week - she flipped when I picked her up on Monday instead of Grandma, even telling me to leave and go get Grandma. After I dropped her off Wednesday, I enjoyed a massage then picked up lunch for us to share.

Work wise I've been working on lesson plans for the next few weeks. I'm attending NCTM in San Diego next week and will be out for 3 days, so I'm trying to get those lessons and sub plans complete. We will also be starting up our Tax Unit in Financial the week after, so I've been busy trying to reorganize and adjust those to the current tax season (thanks to Next Gen Personal Finance for the help with that). I was hoping it would be easier, but it's been a lot of work to really figure out the best way to break up the information and provide just enough. We used to have them file taxes for various situations and they had to do both Federal and State. So, now with one tax form, I have to adjust numbers and information to make sure it all works. We also had them itemize a few times, but now I'm having a difficult time seeing that relevance with the increased standard deduction. I still have some lessons to finish up for the tax unit, so I'm hoping to get at least one more done before the end of the day. I also spent a morning meeting with a former colleague to discuss AVID, since I took over as the coordinator and am looking at ways for us to strengthen and grow the program.

It's hard to believe we only have 1 more quarter left of the school year. I feel like I have so much more I need to get completed between BTSA, AVID, the department (do I need to hire again?!), the courses I'm teaching. And, still making the space to spend quality time with my family.

How are you spending your Spring Break?

No comments:

Post a Comment